Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Move over VBOX, Dragy is here!

http://www.burgertuning.com/gps_performance_meter.html

We've been involved in the testing of a nifty new product called Dragy. It's a small high speed GPS device that interfaces with your phone or mobile device via BlueTooth and allows you to accurately compute performance metrics like 0-60, 1/4 mile & trap speed, 60-130mph, 100-200kmh, etc. The resulting run files compute and validate slope, and spit out in a little graphic ready to analyze, share, etc.

You charge it using a mini-USB port, with the charge lasting a few days (it only wakes up when connected to app), and then throw it on the dash and open the app when you want to start recording runs. It's magnetic so there are slicker mounting options available, but I haven't found them necessary on our test cars. I just throw it up in the corner of the windshield.

We tested them at the latest Shift Sector and No Fly Zone 1/2 mile events and were very pleased with the accuracy and flexibility of the system. A few screen shots from my testing below.

There are a few thousand in use in Asia with great success and we're helping introduce it to the English speaking market. The free Dragy app will be posted to the play store and apple store within a few days. If you happen to get the device before the app is posted just email us and we can send a link for it.

Anyway much more info to follow, including their app based tuner leader board and other slick features, but I know you guys are going to love this thing. Click here to enlarge

Wanted to make a comparison video but right now its Dragy 1, VBOX 0 Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Attached Images Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to electronics.

I look forward to trying this out myself!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 60-130 doesn't go to the thousandth?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's programmed to the 100th of a second for everything as that is as accurate as GPS signals can be. Taking it out to 1000th of a second would come close to exceeding the resolution. Can always be extended in the software but I personally don't think it's a good idea.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's programmed to the 100th of a second for everything as that is as accurate as GPS signals can be. Taking it out to 1000th of a second would come close to exceeding the resolution. Can always be extended in the software but I personally don't think it's a good idea.
    Just seems with a hundreth you will have a lot of runs overlapping as time goes on and more people test.

Are you sure you can't go to a thousandth with GPS? Doesn't it depend on the hardware recording?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You certainly can, but the satellite update speed I think it's at the edge of resolution, so the last digit would not always be accurate. Both Dragy and VBOX use similar GPS hardware, at 10hz, although the Dragy also has A-GPS so it picks up signal much quicker and holds it better than the VBOX.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can Dragy be set to record laptimes around a track, and speeds and or G forces around turns? That'd be a cool and great selling point for me since I don't drag race or roll race at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ordered!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You said you tested Dragy against the VBox at Shift Sector and NFZ, but don't show a video comparing both of them. Can you post data for a comparison?

Are you going to be at any events in the near future?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This should be under my Christmas tree with a big old red bow on it. Better be Click here to enlarge is all I’m saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mine came in yesterday. I'll be trying it out.

I've actually been developing my own advice so this will be interesting to compare to it and also the VBOX.