Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Something new - AL13 R80-109R Aerodisc wheels

Here is a new wheel debut from SEMA. AL13 Wheels is a wheel company BoostAddict is now learning of because of the reception of their Aerodisc wheel design. Love it or hate it the design is something new in the world of high end aftermarket wheels.

Click here to enlarge

This certainly qualifies as high end considering the starting price tag of $4,675.00 per wheel. Yes, that potentially means ~$20k when all is said and done.

Whatever your thoughts may be on the pricing the design brings something fresh to a somewhat stale market where designs are getting repetitive.

AL13 is located in Anaheim, California and BoostAddict definitely intends to make a trip to see the facilities.

For now, enjoy the pictures and specs.

Click here to enlarge

AL13 | AERODISC

R80-109R AERODISC

Features:

• 3 Piece configuration, Monoblock, DualBlock.
    • Aero-space grade 6061 T6 forged aluminum material.
    • Extreme deep concave profile.
    • Unique step-lip contouring suspended spoke extension.
    • Tailor-made and built-to-order for specific vehicle fitment.
    • Ultra-enhanced back-side milling for increased un-sprung mass reduction, promotion of cornering dynamics, stopping power and acceleration.
    • Boundless center piece finishing options.
    • Multi-piece construction allowing for easily replaceable components.

Available Diameter: 19 – 22″
    Available Width: 9 – 12.5″

Starting List Price Aerodisc R80 Series: $4,675.00 ea.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was going to say I'd like to see some wind tunnel results to substantiate their claims, but it doesn't look like they've made any. Are they simply named 'Aerodisc' or are these supposed to reduce drag?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
    I was going to say I'd like to see some wind tunnel results to substantiate their claims, but it doesn't look like they've made any. Are they simply named 'Aerodisc' or are these supposed to reduce drag?
    I think the name is just to reflect the style.

They are asking a ton of money but I love the design and what you can potentially do with it as far as finishes.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the name is just to reflect the style.

They are asking a ton of money but I love the design and what you can potentially do with it as far as finishes.
    I do like the design and it definitely brings something fresh to the market. I'm sort of surprised we haven't seen a true aerodynamic performance wheel for 1/2 mile cars at this point. I know Teslas and Priuses aren't delivered with those hideous wheels for no good reason so I'd think there are real gains to be had there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just bought a set yesterday, with a rush order. I will post my set as soon as they arrive (hopefully within 4-5 weeks)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sleek63 Click here to enlarge
    Just bought a set yesterday, with a rush order. I will post my set as soon as they arrive (hopefully within 4-5 weeks)
    What car? Also what colors?

How was it working with them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What car? Also what colors?

How was it working with them?
    A facelift c63 coupe. R80-109R AERODISC in standard matt/gloss black and grey aerodisc.
    Matt from AL13 is very helpful and responsive. Ended up ordering from wheelsboutique and hector was very easy to work with as well. Very positive thus far!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A facelift c63 coupe. R80-109R AERODISC in standard matt/gloss black and grey aerodisc.
    Matt from AL13 is very helpful and responsive. Ended up ordering from wheelsboutique and hector was very easy to work with as well. Very positive thus far!
    Glad to hear it and looking forward to seeing them.

They are close to me so I'll look into them for my next set of wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting finish here too:

AL13 Wheels
    R80-109R Aerodisc 3-piece
    24x10.5 | 24x12
    Satin Precision Black Center
    Gloss Precision Black Outer
    Gloss Precision Black Inner
    Gloss Jewel Grey Aerodisc | Gloss Black Color Fill
    Blind Hardware
    Optional 3PC Cap | Base: Jewel Grey | Face: Gloss Precision Black | Insert: Carbon Fiber
    Mercedes G63 Fitment

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes indeed! I have opted to go for the same spec midway through without the forged carbon centerpiece. They should be out if production any day now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well, it’s been almost three months since I ordered 6 aerodisc wheels from AL13 via Wheelsboutique. I paid 2000 USD for a rush order and I have yet to receive my wheels (order total above 30k). Paid for it up front too. Hector from Wheelsboutique sends contradictory status updates every other week after I have to beg for it multiple times. I caught him in multiple lies and got $#@!ty excuses for it in return. He also misinformed me regarding customs procedure for another order which ended up meaning I had to pay another 2000usd out of pocket. They have just been stringing me along without any care or understanding for my situation. Messy and incompetent accounting and misinformed staff. Very poor customer service that left a horrendous taste. Ordering a brixton forged set today instead, seeing as I passed them on due to the 8 week lead time before going with AL13…

long story short.. learn from my mistakes and dont order from AL13 or Wheelsboutique.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is really disappointing to hear. Unfortunately, it seems like its been par for the course for years when it comes to custom high-end wheels (and wheels boutique, in particular).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, it’s been almost three months since I ordered 6 aerodisc wheels from AL13 via Wheelsboutique. I paid 2000 USD for a rush order and I have yet to receive my wheels (order total above 30k). Paid for it up front too. Hector from Wheelsboutique sends contradictory status updates every other week after I have to beg for it multiple times. I caught him in multiple lies and got $#@!ty excuses for it in return. He also misinformed me regarding customs procedure for another order which ended up meaning I had to pay another 2000usd out of pocket. They have just been stringing me along without any care or understanding for my situation. Messy and incompetent accounting and misinformed staff. Very poor customer service that left a horrendous taste. Ordering a brixton forged set today instead, seeing as I passed them on due to the 8 week lead time before going with AL13…

long story short.. learn from my mistakes and dont order from AL13 or Wheelsboutique.
    Were you able to get all your money back?