Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Great deal on paint correction/buffing kit

Awesome deal for anyone who is in the market ~ $169.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UW1IQU/...d_p=1682906862

kit includes the Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher. This industry leading machine will last for years. The kit also includes five Hex-Logic polishing pads to handle any situation. Includes an orange cutting pad, white polishing pad, blue glazing pad, black finishing pad, and red ultra finish pad. The kit also includes Chemical Guy's heavy-duty 5-inch hook and loop backing plate to attach any Hex-Logic polishing pad. Chemical Guys even include the pad conditioner and pad cleaner as a bonus.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome deal for anyone who is in the market ~ $169.99

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UW1IQU/...d_p=1682906862

kit includes the Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher. This industry leading machine will last for years. The kit also includes five Hex-Logic polishing pads to handle any situation. Includes an orange cutting pad, white polishing pad, blue glazing pad, black finishing pad, and red ultra finish pad. The kit also includes Chemical Guy's heavy-duty 5-inch hook and loop backing plate to attach any Hex-Logic polishing pad. Chemical Guys even include the pad conditioner and pad cleaner as a bonus.
    What kind of compounds would you recommend? I have a black car. I have been looking into DIY polishing here and there, but am a bit overwhelmed by the number of products on the market.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of compounds would you recommend? I have a black car. I have been looking into DIY polishing here and there, but am a bit overwhelmed by the number of products on the market.
    I really like the meguirs M105/M205 combo. Its very user friendly for beginners. With that being said, you really can't go wrong with many of the products that are available. Detailedimage.com has an incredibly resourceful detailing guide, i suggest anyone who is looking to get into this give it a good read.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ishing/#polish
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Awesome, man. Thanks for the info. I'm sold on the M105/M205 combo. Now I just have to wait until spring.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the tip.

I'm one of those weird people that enjoys making a day out of detailing their car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which pads from that kit would you use for the M105 and M205?
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Which pads from that kit would you use for the M105 and M205?
    A good starting point is to is M105 on an orange pad and M205 on a white pad.

Once you get a feel for the level of correction, you can experiment with different pad combos to achieve certain results. Say you don't need as much correction as the M105 on an orange pad provides, but the M205 on a white pad is not getting you the results you want. You could try using M105 on a less abrasive pad, or using M205 on a more abrasive pad to get the results you want. Its all about finding out what works for you.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the tip.

I'm one of those weird people that enjoys making a day out of detailing their car.
    I'm the same way. although, doing a multi-staged paint correction usually takes me all weekend long (10-12 hr long days). I generally start cussing a little bit towards the end, but the results make me appreciate the hard work. Plus its a great core workout, i always feel like a bus ran over my mid-section.
    2015 F10 M5 \ Alpinweiss

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a pretty good deal. I didn't like my PC 7424 xp much though. It quit a couple weeks ago after less than 3 years. It felt like something was trying to catch on the inside sporadically for a while before it finally died. I do like the Griot's Garage I replaced it with much better so far. Maybe it's me but it feels more powerful and sturdy compared to the PC.

I like the Menzerna IP 2000, FF 3000 and SF 4000 depending on how bad the paint is on my black car.
    Last edited by DocCarbon; 03-24-2016 at 12:38 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I waited for an advanced auto parts % off $X coupon to show up and ended up getting the Griot's Garage 6 inch for $90. Had some in store promotion for a free pad as well and ended up getting that as well Click here to enlarge. Just something to keep in mind if you can't decide between the two